|author||Tom Ryder <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2023-04-13 11:40:36 +1200|
|committer||Tom Ryder <email@example.com>||2023-04-13 11:40:36 +1200|
|parent||Merge branch 'release/v12.36.0' (diff)|
|parent||Bump VERSION (diff)|
Merge branch 'release/v12.37.0'v12.37.0
* release/v12.37.0: (21 commits) Forego padding around tray icons Use em-dash as i3 status separator Switch to non-monospace font for i3 Add title to some xterm windows from sxhkd Lean on default path for i3 status config Remove battery display in i3bar for now Remove unneeded settings for i3bar Use Ubuntu Mono for i3 font Stop hiding i3 borders for sole windows Be strict about modifiers for xterm copy/paste Revert "Let's try using an Xft font in xterm fo... Let's try using an Xft font in xterm for a bit Specify Ubuntu Mono as terminal font Don't scroll on terminal output, do scroll on key Block mouse operations in terminal applications Use consistent title for xterm windows Correct alphabetical ordering of .Xresources Adjust a comment in .Xresources Have rofi grab keyboard immediately for passwords ...
Diffstat (limited to 'x/Xresources')
1 files changed, 43 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/x/Xresources b/x/Xresources
index 1c6ab1aa..672fc214 100644
@@ -1,7 +1,26 @@
/* Declare our xterms have 256 colors */
-/* Don't munge 8th bit of characters with Alt, send an Escape prefix instead */
+ * Just use "xterm" as the title, no need to complicate it with the name of the
+ * actual binary called.
+ * Don't pass mouse events to applications, even if they ask for it; mouse
+ * interaction with command-line tools isn't normally very well-written anyway.
+ * Better just to treat it as text.
+ * Don't let applications set the window title; it's usually more confusing
+ * than helpful, with things like command wrappers getting in the way.
+/* Don't munge characters' 8th bit with Alt, send Escape prefix instead */
@@ -22,12 +41,6 @@ XTerm.vt100.charClass: \
- * Put the terminal text contents flush against the edges of the window,
- * otherwise things like tmux look awkward.
* Set some less harsh colors than the xterm defaults; I think I got these from
* somewhere else and tweaked them, but I can't remember where it was now.
@@ -51,12 +64,33 @@ XTerm.vt100.color14: rgb:34/e2/e2
+ * Use Ubuntu Mono as a TrueType font if I decide to switch to it, but default
+ * to using the default bitmap font.
+XTerm.vt100.faceName: xft:Ubuntu Mono
+ * Put the terminal text contents flush against the edges of the window,
+ * otherwise things like tmux look awkward.
+ * Don't jump to the bottom of the window just because of new output, but do so
+ * if I actually type something. (Weird that the defaults are the opposite.)
* Bind extra keys to copy/paste to/from CLIPBOARD rather than PRIMARY, as
* a simple selection does.
XTerm.vt100.translations: #override \n\
- Ctrl Shift <Key>C: copy-selection(CLIPBOARD) \n\
- Ctrl Shift <Key>V: insert-selection(CLIPBOARD)
+ ! Ctrl Shift <Key>C: copy-selection(CLIPBOARD) \n\
+ ! Ctrl Shift <Key>V: insert-selection(CLIPBOARD)
* Trim trailing spaces from selections; if I'm copying text from a terminal